Plantar fasciitis comes from two words; plantar which refers to the bottom of the foot and the other fascia which is a tissue of the fibrous kind that is found at the bottom of the heel bone and moves towards the toes. The extent of what plantar fasciitis is can be defined by the fact that this is very common amongst people and affects almost everyone once in their lifetime. When you suffer from plantar fasciitis, the symptoms are unbearable pain at the heel bone. The pain is so severe that it could also occur at the arch of your foot. Whenever you lie down or are taking rest for a long period of time, it is then that the pain goes beyond measure and you need to look for treatment options. Here in this article, let us look at five primary causes of plantar fasciitis.
- The first thing that you ought to notice is fast and excessive weight gain. This weight gain that takes almost no time does not allow the body to get used to the extra weight your body is now bearing the brunt of. Also, the connective tissues no longer have the required strength to take control of excessive weight. What happens as a result is that the tissues are overstretched again and are now prone to more weakness.
- Second, while you are at any physical activity such as running, jumping, etc, and you do not land as you ought to, then you critically damage your heel which leads to more pain.
- Third, when you do not use the kind of shoes you ought to, the chances of relapse are more than often. Plantar Fasciitis cures as an ailment when you wear shoes with firm and stable soles while your feet and ankles remain in sync with one another. A strong shoe will be able to control your foot and ankle and lessen overstretching on the connective tissues.
- The fourth reason why you deal with plantar fasciitis is when you walk or run uphill, the position of the foot and ankle are forced and not in consonance with one another. Many kinds of motions take place on the joints of the foot and as a result of this, the heels and the arches are overstretched again which in turn results in terrible pain.
- Last but not least, when you maintain an improper posture, it results in plantar fasciitis. To avoid this, what you could do is exercise slowly and stretch your body while being gentle with your bodies.
Hence, from the above, you know exactly what plantar fasciitis is and what are the reasons to cause. If you address each of these reasons at the earliest, you can remedy them too.