Eye drops are just like any other type of medicine prescribed by doctors. This implies that you need to use them with care and precision. If you miss doses frequently or do not use them as prescribed, your eyesight might be at risk. This guide listed some tips that will tell you how to effectively use japanese eye drop singapore. Let’s take a quick dive into the article and explore all the details below.
Common conditions that require eye drops
If you are suffering from any of the following conditions, the doctor might prescribe you eye drops.
- Reduce eye inflammation
- Elevated pressure on the eyes
- Post eye surgery
- Prevent or reduce infection
Tips to consider while using eye drops
- Apply one drop at a time: Make sure you do not rush while applying drops. Put one drop at a time to avoid wastage of the medicine. The eye can hold less than half a drop. Even if the doctor has prescribed 2 drops for one eye, make sure you do not rush. Keep a gap of at least 1-2 minutes before applying the next drop.
- The tip of the eye dropper shouldn’t touch your eye: If any bacteria are there in your eye, it can contaminate the eye drops. This increases the chances of an eye infection. Thus, you need to avoid contact withan eye dropper with your eyes.
- Do not use e eye drops while wearing contact lenses: If you wear contact lenses, you need to take them off before using eye drops. They might interfere with the eye drop solution causing other side effects. Wait for about 20-30 minutes after applying eye drops before you re-insert the lens back.
These are some of the tips that you need to consider before using eye drops. Always ensure to read the label before applying eye drops. You might end up picking up another bottle instead of eye drops. This can cause intensive damage to your eyes.
Understand that you need to follow the eye care prescription strictly. Do not exceed the dose if you have skipped it by mistake. If you are facing difficulty in using eye drops, you can contact your doctor. Apart from these things, if you see any side effects from the eye drop, ensure to contact the doctor as soon as possible. Also, it is important to visit an eye specialist to give your eyes the best treatment!