There are a number of health problems which arise owing to an ageing and an increased weight. Apart from the many usual health problems which grip us with the increasing age, there are some which are not commonly known. Varicose veins are also commonly called spider veins. These affect a lot of people across the globe but since the majority of the cases are not severe, the problem is not really treated as a grave one. However, varicose veins can be hugely troublesome, if not treated in time. Whether varicose veins or any other health problem, it is imperative that it is addressed while it does not aggravate.
Addressing The Causes
There are numerous and varied causes which lead to the medical condition of spider veins. Here are the details.
- Veins have valves which permit the flow of blood in a single direction. However, when the veins are affected they tend to malfunction as the valves are inefficient to prevent the backward flow of blood. This causes the veins to deform and the condition leads to varicose veins.
- The other reason for the occurrence of varicose veins is seen in the veins which are much away from the heart. As the heart is the organ which pumps the blood to all the other body parts, the veins away from it, especially in the lower limbs are affected due to gravity.
Prevention Of Varicose Veins
Although varicose veins are seen in a lot of people nowadays, it can be prevented with some measures considered. Knowing about the problem can be beneficial in keeping it away in the long run.
- Exercising: As they say, exercising is the best method to keep problems away. Including exercises in daily routine can prove to be extremely beneficial in keeping all the limbs functioning well.
- Not Sitting Cross-legged For Long: Avoid sitting for long hours in a cross-legged position. This can be detrimental to your vein health.
- Raised level: You can sometimes keep a pillow beneath the legs to raise their level a bit higher so that the veins receive proper blood flow in them.
- Healthy Eating Habits: Eating habits, in general, should be kept a watch on. Keep a close grip over your eating habits and maintain a healthy lifestyle to keep varicose veins or any such problems away. A balanced diet which includes all the nutrients required for a healthy body should be made a lifestyle habit.
Owing to the mentioned causes and prevention methods, we hope to have guided you well through the problem called varicose veins. These are not much to worry about if you receive the timely treatment correctly. Be watchful of your health and all conclude well!